- Do you have any culinary training? - Nope! Just a lot of trial and error in the kitchen.
- How do you come up with your ideas? - Basically, my mind is constantly wandering to what I will be cooking next. I read cookbooks, food magazines and other blogs, and watch cooking shows for inspiration. I so enjoy the process of thinking about how ingredients and flavors work together, spending the time in the kitchen with Jamie, cooking and taking pictures of everything, and then seeing it all come together into a finished, beautiful dish. But of course, how it tastes is the most important thing! I keep a list of new ideas that I eventually want to make and feature on my blog, and the list is constantly growing.
- Are the recipes your own? - About 95 percent of the recipes on this blog are Jamie's and my ideas and creations, or family recipes. Once in a while, I'll blog about a recipe I found online or in a cookbook, and I will always site the source. I give credit where it's due! :) (Here is an excellent article by David Lebovitz on the subject of recipe attribution.)
- Would you make something your readers request? - If there's something you'd like me to make, please e-mail me on the Contact Me tab, and I will be happy to try my best to accommodate your requests.
- May I recommend your recipes to my friends? Of course! Just be sure to include the link to the post on my blog if you are recommending it on your own blog.
- What kind of camera do you use? - I use a Casio EX-FH20, usually on the macro setting, with the flash off when taking food photos. I have the most success when I'm able to photograph in natural light during the day; using lighting equipment at night is much trickier.
- Have you ever taken any photography classes? - No, I just try to learn by studying others' photos, thinking about what I like in them, and trying to capture that same essence in my own. It's a work in progress as I try to get better!
- Do you use any photo editing software? - Yes, I use a program called Photo Explosion to do a little editing, mostly just cropping and adjusting the light balance and contrast.
- I love comments! Just be as friendly as if you were giving me the feedback in person. Please, no spam or advertising; those types of comments will be deleted.
BLOGGER TO BLOGGER AWARDS
- Thank you so much to all of you who have passed a blogger to blogger award to me! I really appreciate it. But the fact is, I have a hard time just finding enough time to keep up with posting my recipes and photos, that I've decided not to post about or pass on these awards. I really want to keep the focus of my blog on the food and photography.
- Facebook - You can LIKE my Facebook page here. I frequently update my page, so it's a great way to stay up to date.
- Twitter - My Facebook posts feed into Twitter. You can find me on Twitter here.
- Foodgawker - The link to my gallery on Foodgawker is here.
- Pinterest - You can find me here.